A Day conference seeking to honour, equip, and support parents in their endeavor to shape the spiritual formation of their child(ren).
What is Parents Summit?
Parents Summit is a day event hosted by CLCYouth. The heart behind the day is to honour, equip, and support parents/legal guardians in their efforts to shape the spiritual formation of their son(s)/daughter(s).
We believe that helping young people follow Jesus starts at home. However, we recognise that the world in which we live has vastly changed since the time we as parents were once young. With this in mind, our hope is that during this day we can help you understand some of the pressures and stresses of this ever changing cultural climate.
- "How to Identify and Respond to Common Mental Health Difficulties" (Abisayo Abiloye)
"Outwitting the Dangers of Social Media" (Mariam Adedoyin-Olowe)
- "Prayer in the Family" (Jean Perini)
- "Living Faith Authentically" (Hannah Korsgen)
- Q&A (Panel)
Where: Christian Life Church, 900 Bristol Road, B29 6HW
When: 12th May 2018, 10am-2pm
Food: Breakfast Pastries, Coffee, and Lunch will be provided
Cost: £5 payable on the door or online: https://weareclc.churchsuite.co.uk/events/tgxorfsx
Look Back on p-s 2017
Unfortunately there was a recording error with Helen's talk and so there is only 20mins of what was a 45 minute talk.
Download Helen's presentation slides here.
Further Resources which Helen mentioned during her talk:
- Alumnia Parents Support Group
- Information about a Netflix Original series called '13 Reasons Why'
- Helen's article about '13 Reasons Why'
- A Parents Guide to Eating Disorders
- A Parents Guide to Eating Disorders - the pathway to recovery
- A Parents Guide to Self Harm
- A Parents Guide to Self Harm - the pathway to recovery
To help us improve on future Parents Summits, we'd love to hear from you! Below is a feedback form where you can tell us what you thought about the event. We'd love you to take 2 minutes or so to tell us what you thought.